Carolyn Palaga, M.Sc., Aud(C), F-AAA, RAUD
Carolyn Palaga has been practicing Audiology since 1991 after receiving a Masters of Science in Audiology from Minot State University. Her professional career began in Kamloops as Department Head of Audiology with Interior Health Department in 1991 and expanded into private practice in 1995 with two clinics in Kamloops and an outreach clinic in Merritt.
In 1995 the mission that Carolyn had when opening her practice was simple: make a positive impact in each patients life by providing the highest standard of care with advanced diagnostic training as well as the most innovative technology to her patients by attending educational seminars in both Canada and the United States each year. Carolyn is able to stay in the forefront of her specialty and provide optimal care to her patients. This has allowed patients with diminished hearing the empowerment to remain socially active, keep connections with loved ones and colleagues and remain confident in all aspects of their life.
In her spare time she enjoys time with husband Del and two boys Mason and Max.
Professional Certificates Memberships
- M.Sc - Masters Degree in Audiology - Graduated Magna Cum Laude with Honors
- Recipient of the Graduate School's citation for Excellence Award
- B.Sc - Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech Language Pathology
- R.Aud - Registered Audiologist Member of the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC)
- Fellow Member of the American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
- Member of the Canadian Academy of Audiology (CAA)
- Member of the Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
Claudia Wright, M.Cl.Sc., Aud(C), RAUD
While completing a Bachelor of Science at the University of Manitoba, Claudia found an affinity for health care and rehabilitation. Subsequently, she proceeded to complete a Master of Audiology at Western University in London, Ontario. Thus, after seven years of post-secondary education, Claudia returned to her hometown of Kamloops to commence her much anticipated career!
Claudia finds her career very rewarding, as she is able to advocate for patients and assist them toward better hearing health. Audiology is a field that is constantly advancing and evolving and she enjoys learning about innovative technology and progressive research which can be applied to everyday practice in the clinic.
In her spare time, Claudia enjoys travelling, hiking, skiing, reading, and spending time with family.
Professional Certificates and Memberships
- M.Cl.Sc. – Masters of Clinical Science in Audiology, Western University
- B.Sc. – Bachelor of Science Degree, University of Manitoba
- RAUD – Registered Audiologist with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC)
- Aud(C) – Speech Audiology Canada (SAC) Clinical Certification
- Member of Speech-Language and Audiology Canada (SAC)
- International Member of the American Academy of Audiology (AAA)
- Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC) Award: Elks & Royal Purple Fund for Children Gordon Leslie Memorial Scholarship
- Recipient of the Cam Miller Harmonize for Speech Graduating Award
- Recipient of the Maureen Williams Memorial Award
- Recipient of the University of Manitoba Program Medal
Favourite part of my career: helping to build an audiology practise with Carolyn both in Kamloops and in Merritt that provides not only the best clinical environment but also leading edge technology to treat the needs of patients with hearing loss.